Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strung together like a floating trailer park, anchored out, and getting load all summer long…


Sunday’s trip to the lake made me realize why I love living here in Charlotte!
I was out on the lake with four of my favorite diva’s in Miss. Laura’s boat. We chased away the rain to find a fabulous sunny spot at the Sandbar. There were several other boats already there so we threw out the anchor and joined them. We floated as a single boat for awhile, and as I was sitting on the front I hear “Blain, Blain!” I turned around and it was Downer, Tommy, Lauren, Christina, Brant, Ryan, and several of my favorite friends from college. A couple minutes later, another boat came with more friends from NC State and slowly our line of Wolfpack graduates was increasing! Even though Charlotte is a bigger city, and Lake Norman is a pretty large lake, there is still comfort in knowing that’s it’s possible to have friends everywhere! I don’t need to move back to Kernersville to have the small town feel! Somehow this happens even on an open lake! It’s a small world!
Overall, it was a wonderful afternoon with some of my favorite people! We all had a great time – especially Miss Resnick!! :)



No comments: