Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Know Mom Deserves More Than Salt and Pepper

My mom deserves the world.

There will never be a Mother’s Day gift to justify what she means to me and what she stands for as a mother and woman.

Therefore, this year I chose to give her…drum roll please…..Salt and Pepper shakers.

Now these are not just just any salt and pepper shakers….these are Salt-and-Pepper-Shakers-A-La-Blain

I wanted to give mom something with a personal touch. I know they are not much, but...what do you give a woman that deserves EVERYTHING a mother should have and ever want.

If I had a million bucks I would give my momma a million bucks. If I had arms long enough to reach Kernersville, I would give her the biggest bear hug every day. But for this Mother’s Day, I guess she is going to have to accept my salt and pepper shakers and at least know that they were made and come with 100% love.

I made my salt and pepper shakers at Dish It Out. I thought they had the cutest shape and I think they turned out fantastic! I left the base of them white and painted on pink, brown and black flowers….what do ya think?

I think Mom liked them. The holes on the top were kind of large so if you have dinner at the parents house anytime soon, shake lightly!
(Click on any picture to view larger)

Salt-and-Pepper-Shakers-A-La-Blain
They were fun and easy to paint!
Two weekends ago I went with the girls to Savannah, GA for Jackie’s Bachelorette. We had the most amazing time and stayed in the perfect house for all 14 of us! Here is a sneak peak of two out of the 7 bedrooms in the house! It was perfect for our needs and it seriously looked like it was a showroom for West Elm and Pottery Barn! I highly recommend 7 Habersham, Savannah, GA for your vacation purposes!
…more on this trip to come later in the week.

Jackie's "Princess" Suite
Bathroom

The small upstairs bedroom

And Laura in the second kitchen doing a little cake baking :)


No comments: