Friday, July 2, 2010

Oak Island Vacation With The Atkins Family


Be jealous. Be very jealous.

Tomorrow, I am headed to the beach.

“Charleston’s” family has invited me to join them for the 4th of July down at Oak Island for the week.

Not only have I fallen in love with “Charleston” but the icing on the cake is that he has an amazing family standing behind him.

As I told Erin yesterday, (Erin is the girl that does my hair!) I have never been intimidated to have a guy meet my family or I meet his. I think it is crazy that some people wait months and months before introducing their boyfriend to their families. I wanted my family to meet “Charleston” from the beginning because if something between him and my family didn’t click…then it’s probably not going to work out for me either. I have had those boyfriends that my family just never meshed with and it makes it hard because my family is a big part of my life and I like to think that from here on out we will spend A LOT of time with them….I mean come on, its family.

On the flip side, I have also been in the position where I didn’t 100% care for my boyfriend’s families and I was miserable. It’s not that none of them were downright awful people, but, from the same way he didn’t blend in my family, I didn’t blend with his. I remember dreading going to family dinners because I knew they would last FOREVER. I knew exactly what was ahead of me and there are only so many fake headaches that will get you out of the boyfriend’s family nights.

Not “Charleston’s” family. They make me feel like I fit in. When I sit down to dinner with all five Atkins’ I feel like the sixth. I am comfortable. I feel like I am talking with my family. They are, using my favorite term, NORMAL. “Charleston” has an older and a younger sister and they seem to accept me for who I am. They have made the biggest effort to get to know me and for that I could not be more thankful.

I am excited about participating this year in the Atkins Family Vacation and getting to hang out with them. I am in much need of a vacation and I can’t wait to be gone ALL week! I am so thankful they have invited me! Whoop Whoop!

I am ready to get my tan on!

See ya’ll next week!

Happy 4th of July Friends!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Have a great 4th, Blain!!!