Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anticipation

My Christmas shopping is done.

It’s already wrapped and laying around one of our end tables because a Christmas tree is nonexistent this year.

I am counting down the days until Christmas when I can have a little vacation and catch back up with the important things in life.

I am also counting down the days until I move into my new place. The anticipation is seriously killing me.

I have been picturing over and over again in my head what my living room will look like; how I will lay out the furniture in the master bedroom and what colors I should use in the bathrooms. Ok so I will admit it, I am SUPER excited!

I have tried my hardest to get everything I need to complete the place so that on Dec. 29th when the moving truck and my family troops are here in Charlotte, I can let them run free getting the place together.

“Charleston” keeps telling me I am jumping the gun with a lot of things but…if I go ahead and buy the curtain rods for the living room and bedrooms then while my dad is here on move-in day, I can give him the task of putting them up while he has his tools with him. Otherwise, if I wait to buy them after move-in day and my family is gone, I end up having to do the instillation myself with my handheld screwdriver. Way harder than it looks! Trust me ;) I am just trying to plan ahead.

I have to be prepared to utilize all free labor when it’s going to be available; capitalize on the opportunities. I already bought a shelf to go in the pantry which will give me much needed storage space. Again, to some people (“Charleston”) I might be jumping the gun but…if I don’t have the shelf the day of move in, how am I going to get Sister and Mom to set up the kitchen so that night I can possibly make them a “Thank You” meal that night. I want things set.
When I move in, I like to get in and get it done. Be ready to wake up the next morning and go about life as if nothing has changed.

But the anticipation of moving has me counting down the days until it’s a reality. I am counting down the days till Christmas anxious for a break but bypassing that in my head for my move-in. Once I move in, what will I be counting down to then?

I almost feel like I am wasting the days waiting for the next “event” and thinking finally I will be satisfied and happy. I really have to learn to live for today because at this very second I am satisfied and happy and need to appreciate every bit of that and what I have.


And on a side note….if I were not spending money on my future residence, I would be checking the tracking number for these little puppies that I would have sent my way! LOVE THEM!
Hair Clip, Earring, Ring Set


Rings
Find them on etsy.com

1 comment:

Chadwick Stamper said...

Scott told me last night he learned of his new tasks after reading your blog. He was "uninformed." Are you renting or buying your new place? You better not be buying since you did not consult me first for a area Realtor!!