Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Boyfriend Gets Brownie Points

“If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice.”

It is the little things that mean the most.

I got home from spin last night at 9:00pm, scarfed down a gourmet meal of Campbell’s condensed Chicken Noodle Soup and slung myself in bed. As “Charleston” and I laid there and discussed our plans for the next day and everything else that hits your mind as your head hits the pillow, he quickly blurted out for me not to forget my lunch in the morning; he had packed it for me and left it in the fridge.

Right before walking out the door this morning, I went to the fridge and on the top shelf were two grocery bags – one for me and one for him.

At my lunch break in the office, I started unpacking my grocery bag and found a fabulous lunch made just for me by boyfriend. It was the cutest thing.

There was a plastic container of lettuce, a zip-lock bag of green peas, a zip-lock bag of sweet corn, a bag chic peas, and a baggie of left over Thanksgiving ham; all my favorite ingredients for a salad! It was perfect!

I love “taking care of him” in the kitchen but every now and then it is so nice to know that he can and will take care of me when I don’t have time. The best is…I don’t even have to ask, he just already knows.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ah so cute! He's a keeper :)