Monday, December 20, 2010

Gumdrops and Antique Oval Mirrors

The living room in my new place is a fairly small room so I have been looking around for some sort of mirror to put on the wall and hopefully “open” the place up a bit! I want something fairly large to take up some wall space but I want the mirror to also be a decorative piece. At this point, I don’t mind putting a little extra $$ into it if it is something I fall head over heels in love with!

While shopping around, I DID fall head over heels in love with something totally wrong for me and my needs. (Before “Charleston”, this seemed to be the ongoing concept of my life :) I thought I had grown out of it!)

Anyway, I HAVE to have an oval antique mirror! The thing is, where in the world do I put it?! I feel like you have to have one of those “fancy” rooms or a well put together space to throw one of these gems up on the wall (and that right now, I do not have).

I even thought it would be cool, one day, to possibly make a collage out of several of them instead of one large mirror. If I had some sort of entry way it would be perfect! But right now, in my Christmas slumber I will dream of gum drops and antique oval mirrors like...
this:
or this: (maybe with a fresh coat of paint!)
or this:
or this:
or this:

No comments: