I am not decorating for Christmas this year.
I am moving to my new place between Dec. 27th and Dec. 29th and will hopefully have my old apartment packed up before I go home for Christmas on Christmas eve, therefore, why drag all my decorations and ornaments out just to have to pack them right back up again? A huge headache.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving Sister let me help her decorate her Christmas tree so I got that part out of my system. I have now moved onto living vicariously through online decorations and just picturing what they would look like covering every inch of my new apartment.
Thanks to Caroline over at My Pretty Little Thoughts, I have become addicted to the online store HORCHOW. I swear, EVERYTHING, at this place is beautiful….and the price reflects it. Therefore I guess it’s a great year to live vicariously through online pictures instead of purchasing any of these treasures myself!
A few of my favorites that maybe one day will decorate my house:
Embellished Ivory Stockings ($160)

Royal Holiday Tabletop Topiary ($95.00)
Janice Minor “Snowflake” Candle Rail ($350)
Golden Filigree Christmas Tree ($185 each)
Regency Dinnerware
Juliska Dinnerware
Snowman Salt and Pepper Set ($45.00)
The prices on some of these items were a little high but nothing that just blew me out of my Christmas socks until I came to this:
A 7.5 foot Jersey Frasier Fir for $985.00 (plus $40 shipping) Seriously? Lets say, on average, you spend $50 on a real Christmas tree. It would take you almost 21 years for this thing to pay for itself compared to going with the real deal every year. (Oh yeah, and I forgot the extra $40 you would spend every year on two Yankee Candles in Christmas Tree scent to go the extra mile and have your house smelling like tree!)
Jersey Frasier, 7.5’ ($985.00)




2 comments:
Sorry, sister! That store will be the death of me.
But I still hope - Christmas decorations or not - you and Charleston have a fabulous holiday!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new digs! xoxo --c
Just came across our blog! I had no idea you had one! So glad I can follow now! XOXO
Post a Comment