Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back To Reality

I wish I would have taken more pictures but that is honestly how lazy I was last week; this is all I got.

  "Charleston" and I headed down to Isle of Palms, SC to this house, 801Ocean Blvd, to stay with his parents, Rob and Barbara, his younger sister Katherine, his older sister Lorene, her husband Bret and one of their friends Eric for a week of fun in the sun.

We lived it up beach style with bike riding, laying out in the sun, reading books, playing Mexican Train, eating AMAZING food and enjoying some cocktails.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous with only a single shower one afternoon that was over in an hour!

On the 18th, Rob and Barbara celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary!
The Happy Couple:

Each night we each took turns cooking and for mine and "Charleston's" night we did a low country boil which turned out to be a big hit (and lets not forget SUPER easy)!  We also went out to eat at Morgan Creek Grill, Fleet Landing, and VickerysMay I suggest if you are ever in Charleston, go to Fleet Landing and get the Crispy Whole Fried Southern Flounder with Apricot Glaze.  It was out of this world!

Barbara's brother Jim lives in Mt. Pleasant so his wife Yancey and their two daughters Camille and Lucy came over for dinner the night of our Low Country Boil.  The girls just had to do everyone's hair which started with hair gel:

I got a half up pony:

Then they got to work on Jim:

Poor guy got a Mohawk:

Thank you to the Atkins' family for allowing me to join the most relaxing family vacation!  It was just what I needed!

No comments: