I will never waste the time or calories on fried okra ever again.
Last night I made "Charleston" and I a meatless meal of kabobs and mashed potatoes for dinner. I made two kinds of kabobs; one with green pepper, onion and grape tomatoes and the other with okra. (All fresh from the farmers market!) The grilled okra was everything I had dreamed of and more!
Sorry for the poor picture quality. These babies didn't stand a chance long enough for me to find my camera so I settled for the blackberry!
The best part of grilled okra is the simplicity.
Ingredients
fresh okra (all about the same size for even grilling)
kosher salt
extra virgin olive oil
Directions
Skewer okra on kabob sticks and brush with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and Lawry's. Grill on low heat, flipping once. (and when I flipped them, I seasoned a little more with Lawry's) Depending on the heat of your grill will depend on how long it takes. I grilled mine on both sides until they were lightly browned.
Try them! I promise you will never pull out a frying pan again!


No comments:
Post a Comment