Thursday, August 25, 2011

Firefly Lane

I pretended I was just wiping the sweat off my face as I lay on my beach towel baking in the sun. Really though, I was trying my hardest not to sniffle and let everyone notice that I was cleaning up the tears that were pouring down my face. 

I have no clue what was wrong with me because I am usually not emotional over little things but when I hunkered down to read during my quiet time on the beach, I was on an emotional roller coaster caused by Kristin Hannah and her book Firefly Lane.

I don't want to go into detail of the who, what, when, where and why this book stole my heart and moved to the top of my favorite list but I will chalk it up to Kristin's ability to get her readers absorbed in her characters.  I felt like I was reading a story out of my own life about two of my closest friends.  I would cry on one page and laugh out loud on the next.  It was crazy.  No single book has ever done this to me; I never get that connected.

If you like chick flick books, this is the one.  (I would lend you my copy but I honestly think I am going to read it again before the summer is over!  This will be another first for me!) 

No comments: