Friday, November 18, 2011

The Need For A Christmas List??

It's always kind of awkward when someone asks you what you want for Christmas...especially when you are twenty-seven.  I don't have a Toys-R-Us flyer laying around with Crayola Marker circled items on every page like I did in 1990.  Can I just say a new car, bedroom furniture, bedding for the guest room, a house?!!!  Um no. 

Therefore, it always catches me off guard when I get the "what do you want for Christmas question" from a family member who really wants to know some ideas of things they can get me for Christmas...realistically.

There are always things I "want", but I never can think of them on the fly. Sometimes I also feel selfish rattling off a list of wants even if I do have one or two things in mind.  Anyone else feel this way?

But I know, no matter what, that my grandmother or "Charleston's" mom, for example, because they are too sweet, are going to get me something for Christmas whether I like it or not and, like my grandmother said, she REFUSES to buy a gift card (which I don't blame her, I take after my fabulous Grandma. Giving gift cards is no fun at all on Christmas!)

So I have started to collect my thoughts on how I tackle this question and how I should respond.  I HONESTLY never need anything for Christmas and now that I have a niece, we can finally take the majority of the Christmas giving attention back to a kid!  Sister and I are no longer the "kids" in the family YAY.

But if someone were to ask, I would include some of these items: 
They are things I want but just don't buy for myself because I am frugal and do not see them as a NEED right now.  Always trying to watch my wallet.


I bought a juicer about a month ago and LOVE it.  I use it almost every other day.  I would like a couple juicer recipe books to go along with it!



Me and cheap red wine go hand-in-hand.  With this aerator I can always step my $3.99 wine up a notch! Until you have tried this nifty little tool you will never understand the difference it makes!


I wear it everyday.  Have worn it everyday for the last 10 years.  Honestly.  And I am almost out.



OK, so these puppies are on the VERY expensive side but...it's a good picture of what I like.  I wear studs all the time to work and do not have a pair of good gold ones that are not plain balls.
HAPPY HO HO FRIENDS!  WELCOME TO THE HOLIDAY SEASON!

No comments: