Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jeans Versus Genes

I think my parents have always been a pretty good pair, especially since they reproduced so well ;) My parents made me ME and I love ME. I love who I am in all ways and wouldn’t change a thing....

EXCEPT ….

The length of my legs. Now, I love being 5'4". I wouldn’t trade that for the world. I love never having to worry about being taller then a guy and always blending into most crowds but…I would definitely shave a little off my torso and add it to my legs.

I say this because I was stuck in the dressing room at Nordstrom Rack yesterday laughing at my inability to purchase normal people jeans.

This happens EVERY TIME:
a view looking down on my feet

Please tell me this also happens to 9 out of 10 of you. I am screaming right now for some sympathy!

There was honestly AT LEAST 9 inches of “extra” fabric hanging below where the jeans should have stopped.
Not cool.
This was the case on every pair.
Usually my next step is to purchase them and get them hemmed and I considered this route, but honestly, every pair was so long that if I were to hem them, I would turn them all into boot cut. There was just so much excess fabric that if I were to cut it out, the jeans would completely lose their intended shape.

I walked away empty handed and amused. These jeans were made for a girl with 48 inch legs, not a girl with these genes.

2 comments:

Anni said...

Try Paige Jeans in petite! They are the only ones from Nordstrom that are flare-ish and fit short legs well! Hope you're doing great!

Lindsay said...

happens to me everytime :) I can't buy jeans without hemming them!