Did I tell y'all back in November I bought a Juicer? Well I did.
After much research, I decided on the Breville Juice Fountain Plus and I LOVE it.
It was kind of expensive but I already feel like it has paid for itself after seeing how many times I use it!
I make juice for my afternoon snacks, breakfast, post-workouts and sometimes as a beverage with dinner if I am consuming mostly carbs and protein in my meal. There are many critics out there when it comes to juicing but I look at it this way....
I am not using my juicer to consume all my veggies; I still eat salads and cooked veggies with every meal. I use it in addition to all other foods and I feel in general that its an excellent source of vitamins and nutrients from foods that I normally would not eat!
Last night I juiced my way to a "Green Energizer" drink after my run which included:
3 stalks of celery
2 small apples
1/2 peeled lemon
1" ginger
3 cups spinach
4 leaves Romain lettuce
1/2 cucumber
It was actually awesome. The hint of lemon and ginger did the trick!
"Charleston" snapped this pic while I was in the process!
If anyone has any good juicer recipes or good reference websites, please share!


No comments:
Post a Comment