Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Face

I have been a Bare Minerals user for MANY years.  It was appealing because, thanks to my parents and their good genes, I have clear skin so I never really needed a make-up to "cover" anything up.  Bare Minerals evened out my skin tone and gave me some color without having to paint my face everyday.  It worked but, yesterday I just realized I was bored of my morning make-up routine.  After (at least) six years I was ready for something new. 

While at the mall yesterday I stopped into Sephora to pick my new poison!  A sweet girl Lindsay set me down and gave me a new fresh face. 

She washed my face and started with a moisturizer.  I requested one with SPF because I NEVER leave home, no matter what time of year, without a little protection!  I really loved this product because it was not greasy at all and if I did not already have two bottles of face moisturizer at home I would have bought it.
(But Lindsay was sweet and gave me a sample to go so maybe next time!)







She then proceeded to teach me all about primer; never used it except to paint my walls!
Primer sets your skin up to "hold" makeup without it absorbing into your pores.
This stuff is amazing because it is all natural and after it is applied it actually makes your face feel really clean.






She then set me up with a new compact powder foundation.  It is still light like the Bare Minerals but goes on smoother and creamier.  The coverage is just a little stronger then loose powder which is definitely what I need in the Winter with no tan!






And then a new bronzer.  I am a true believer in the rule that if you only have a couple minutes to do your make up in the morning, never leave home without a powder to even out the skin, blush and mascara.  But, if I had those extra 30 seconds...Bronzer would be my number 4 product. 




I left home this morning with the freshest new face and I am excited! I can already tell a difference with how well this make up has stayed on even through the morning hours where I have a tendency to rest my head on my jaw bone and forehead while working :)

No comments: