Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Health and In Healing

After a visit to the GI Clinic in Chapel Hill on Friday to get a second opinion on further treatments for his Ulcerative Colitis, “Charleston” has decided to go through with a treatment which will put him back in the hospital, in Chapel Hill, for the next 8 days, to receive doses of another medication that will HOPEFULLY this time, but him into remission. It was a big decision on his part because of the side effects of this drug as well as the fact that it will take him away from home and back in the hospital for another week but…something has to be done and I support him with the decision he made.

“Charleston’s” mom is taking him this morning to the Chapel Hill hospital where she will stay with him for several days and then I will join him on Thursday or Friday to give her a break to come back home. Hopefully I will return to Charlotte on Monday or Tuesday with a “healthier” future husband! Fingers are crossed.

While I am here this week working, I plan to utilize as much time visiting several possible locations for our reception. As much as “Charleston” wants to visit all of them with me, it is proving slightly difficult with his condition and because we want to nail something down in the next two weeks or so…we need to jump on the train. It might seem like a lot to tackle now but we have both decided that we don’t want to put our planned wedding months of Feb/March 2013 off anymore. We feel like we have given ourselves adequate time to get something planned and get him well and healthy which is first and foremost! It’s our plan and we are sticking to it! We can do it.

So a lot going on this week in our little world….between wedding planning and getting him better we are stretched kind of thin. I do believe though that these two things came hand in hand in our lives right now because it has proved more times than none that our talk of anything wedding related has brought a smile to his face and his thoughts away from his illness. As always….Everything happens for a reason!

Wedding Planning and UC Treatment = In Health and In Healing. 
I love you babe and can't wait to make this commitment to you forever!


No comments: