Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Is Almost That Day...

It is almost Valentine’s Day.

I have never been a HUGE Valentine’s Day person and it never really bothered me not to have a Valentine. I have actually had some pretty funny Valentines Days in college that were kind of comical…throwing up on my Valentine as he was trying to feed me chicken noodle soup while I was sick --- going to Applebee's with a good friend on Valentines Day only to find the restaurant totally empty, out of food, and the chef quit that afternoon---but anyway....
My personal opinion (and call me spoiled, call me selfish, call me whatever) but….I like “Valentines” day to occur randomly throughout the year; not just on one day.

Save your money on the jacked-up prices of roses during this weekend.

Don’t by me Chocolate; it’s almost bathing suit season.

DO NOT waste your time on anything fluffy and stuffed. What am I going to do with it seriously?

We can go to dinner because at some point we have to eat, but don’t break the bank.
(As “Charleston” told me today as he was making us plans: “Baby, I had no idea McDonald's even took reservations. We are good for 6:30.” And then I made sure he got us a cozy booth beside a window. I prefer booths over tables :) )

Just have fun with me on Valentine’s Day.

Be with me.

Hold me.

Kiss me.

Enjoy me and let me enjoy you.

If you want to get me flowers, surprise me sometime in May.

If you want to get my Chocolates….give them to me when puffy jackets are back in style.

I am all about the concept of Valentines Day: LOVE. I will celebrate this all day long, but…love to me does not mean flowers, stuffed animals, chocolates or fancy dinners.

Love is being 91.1 miles away from each other but still seeing each other every weekend for the past 20 weeks.

Love is playing multiple rounds of hangman on Blackberry Messenger throughout the day.

Love is driving 91.1 miles on a weeknight just to spend the night together and driving back at 4am the next day.

Love is offering up the idea to go see the others parents, not just to make the other happy but because you are just as excited to get to know them.

Love is making sacrifices.

Love is lying in bed at night and not saying a word but knowing exactly what the other is thinking by the way they are looking into your eyes.

Love is opening up and giving yourself to the other.

Love is wonderful and for that I will celebrate on Valentine’s Day, not the commercial stuff that goes along with it.

No comments: