Therefore I have come up with my own version of a hot sandwich and let me tell you, it does the trick and sooner or later, my pants might fit a little better and my bank account might be overflowing! (Ok ok, can’t a girl dream?)
Blain's Lunch Turkey Burger
Start with this:
Jennie-O 95/5 All Natural White Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 burger
Calories: 180
Total Fat: 7g

Add this:
Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats
Serving Size: 1 roll
Calories: 100
Total Fat: 1g

Plus this:
Sargento Deli Style Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 60
Total Fat: 4g
Plus this:
Lettuce
Service Size: 1 piece
Calories: 10
Total Fat: 0g

And this:
Tomato
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 4
Total Fat: 0g

And this:
French’s Yellow Mustard
Serving Size: 3 tsp
Calories: 2
Total Fat: 0g

And last but not least, totally optional if you like your co-workers…I could really care less so…
The final touch:
Onion
Serving Size: 1 ounce (a couple slices)
Calories: 11
Total Fat: 0g
All of this for a grand total of:
Total Calories: 367
Total Fat: 12g
Total Calories: 367
Total Fat: 12g
That compared to this:
Quiznos' Mesquite Chicken
Serving Size: Regular Sub
Calories: 824
Total Fat: 15g
If you really wanted your turkey burger to be slightly healthier, you can leave off the cheese and add some more veggies. I propose maybe some sprouts? Avocado? Cucumbers?!
But…I figure if I already saved myself 457 calories and 3 grams of fat…I am having cheese.
Fair enough?
I think so.



No comments:
Post a Comment