Tuesday, September 20, 2011

730 Days

Like I mentioned yesterday on my post here, "Charleston" and I passed the two year mark and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 
We decided that we wanted to keep this anniversary low key so we treated ourselves to dinner, just the two of us (that hasn't happened in months!), at one of our favorite spots in Charlotte, 300 East

The Monday night drink special was half price glasses of wine (my lucky day) so I enjoyed a glass of the Hob Nob Pinot Nior and the guy had the Ballast Stone Shiraz.

We started with the appetizer of fresh guacamole and salsa.  Great way to start since we were both about to eat our arms from hunger!

On to the entrees:
"Charleston" had the Old School Burger with a Potato Cake on the side.  Very fresh and cooked to perfection!
                

and I enjoyed the Grilled Hanger Steak.
I will say this once:  this was absolutely the best meal I have had in my life.  O.M.G.  The steak was to die for, honestly.  It was tender and had sauteed onions on top.  I want another right now!


We also kept it really simple with no gifts....just cards; keep it sweet.
"Charleston" won best card this year, hands down.  His card was the sweetest thing in the world!
first page

second page

last page..
(and of course I am not going to show you his message he wrote me!  It was too sweet and brought me to tears.)

He's my buddy.  I love and appreciate him in every way.

No comments: