You would have thought I had been living under a rock for the past 27 years.
Last spring "Charleston's" sister Lorene had us over for dinner to enjoy a pot roast she had been cooking all day. I mentioned in my post here yesterday that I LOVE my crock pot and I use it all the time. Therefore, being myself, I thought I knew everything there was to know about cooking in a slow cooker.
I WAS WRONG!
(see, I can admit when I am wrong)
After dinner "Charleston" and I offered to do the dishes and to my surprise, we were denied! Who denies a dish washer?!
We were denied because there were no dishes to wash! Lorene had used a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner in her crock pot and just dumped all the ingredients in. All she had to do to clean up was to throw the liner away; vuala!
How in the world did I not know of these slow cooker liner thingy's?
The one and ONLY reason I used to HATE cooking with my crock-pot was because it was so big and heavy to fit in the sink to clean. (And not to mention the fact you had to let it cool for three hours until you could actually pick it up.)
Therefore, last night when cooking my Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili I used a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner and I was speechless. My brand new crock pot still looks brand new and my manicure still looks crisp; no scrubbing dishes for me and more time spent catching up on my DVR!
via
Mom, where were you on this! I give you all the credit for my cooking skills and my love for cooking but I think I missed one detail along the way!



No comments:
Post a Comment