I love the city I call home but it is lacking one thing.....good, solid, awesome, fresh radio stations.
We have Kiss 95.1, 96.1 The Beat, 96.9 The Kat, The End 106.5, 103.7 WSOC, 99.7 The Fox and several others but they all have one thing in common....they play the same thing over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over again; if its not a Top 20 in their genera, its not going to be heard. No matter if they announce that they play "the best variety in Charlotte", its not hard to hold that title with the surrounding competition; play one old school Tim McGraw or Coldplay song in your line up and job well done, you have played variety!!
I wish there was a station that played smaller artists that might not have hit the billboard yet; artists who still use their given birth name. Mix that in with classic hits and only a couple newbies. I want a station that celebrates music and not just the top 20 artists of today.....
....Oh well, its wishful thinking.....
Until then, I will stick to my own play lists which right now include:
River City Lights -- Griffin House
Someone Like You -- Adele
Drunkards Prayer -- Over the Rhine
Farther Along -- Josh Garrels
Daughter -- Loudon Wainwright
Something Beautiful -- Need To Breath
Learning To Fly -- Tom Petty
I've Gotta See You Smile -- Leigh Nash
If Not For You -- Derek Webb and Sandra McCraken
My Love For You Is Real -- Ryan Adams
Timshel -- Mumford and Sons
Springsteen -- Eric Church
Anyone know of a station I am not aware of?!!!!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment