When I look back over my short little life, I have never been one of those girls who has been lucky in love. I've had relationships over the years some good, some not so good, but none of them deep in my heart ever felt very permanent. I always had the feeling that they were one argument away from breaking up and I always felt like I was on my last rope to make it work. They were always so draining and drama filled. There was never the sense of "we will get through this together."
When I met "Charleston" everything was different from the very beginning. To my own surprise, I acted nothing like what I had when I met guys in the past. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I had simply gotten to the point where I felt I had nothing to lose; maybe even accepted the fact that I might stay single for a lot longer then I wanted to be- and I guess I was finally OK with it. I feel this truly allowed me to be ME when getting to know "Charleston."
BUT, the biggest contribution to the making of our relationship came from "Charleston". Where I would normally have analyzed every call, missed call, text or date like in the past, I didn't have to with him- "Charleston" always let me know where he was in his feelings and followed through with his every word. For a girl that had been slightly scared from past relationships with trust issues, this key ingredient just added confidence to our journey.
I have never felt more safe and secure in the relationship that "Charleston" and I share. He's my buddy; my best friend. I love him more today then I did yesterday and I can not wait to love him even more tomorrow!
Happy 2 year anniversary L.N.!
A quick picture from yesterday:
After a long weekend of wedding festivities for John and Marla, we laid head to head on the couch and watched (slept through) TV together all day long! Perfect Sunday!


1 comment:
Girl I hear ya and know that feeling. So lucky you and Matt have each other :) He's a keeper
Post a Comment