Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

I love a good salad but the key ingredient to a good salad is an awesome dressing.  On my little Weight Watchers adventure I have quickly learned how fast a 0 point salad can climb to a 6 point salad in a heartbeat when you choose the wrong dressing. 

Therefore, I decided to eliminate the chance and make my own.  I tried out the Greek Vinaigrette recipe found on the weight watchers website. The entire recipe serves 8 and each serving is only 1 point!  SCORE

Its delicious- light and fresh.  I think it would also make a good marinade for chicken or pork!

Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

Ingredients
1/4 cup(s) white wine, dry-variety

1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
1 medium uncooked shallot(s), minced, or more to taste
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
1 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Instructions
In a medium bowl, combine wine, lemon juice, shallot, sugar, and mustard; slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in herbs, salt and pepper. Yields about 4 teaspoons per serving.

 
You're turn....try it out!

No comments: