Thursday, March 15, 2012

WWW Week Six

Weight Watchers Wednesday Week 5!

At 11:15 yesterday I arrived at my WW Weigh-In Wednesday feeling pretty good about myself because for the first time since being on the program I followed every exact rule of success. I counted my points ACCURATELY, I measured my food ACCURATELY and I did not CHEAT; not once. If it went in my mouth, it went down in my journal and my points were subtracted from my 26 daily allowance.


My carefulness paid off because I lost 3.2 pounds this week! Yay! That’s a total of 9 pounds since I started the Weight Watchers Program!

The hardest thing for me this week was not the food, it was handling alcohol consumption. Alcohol on Weight Watchers can really swallow your daily points fast. Each beer, liquor drink or glass of wine (a 4oz glass of wine, not a “Blain” glass of wine) can EASILY be 4 points. In order to enjoy a weekend with my girlfriends who were in town from Raleigh, I made many conscious decisions so that I could eat out and have a night out on the town that all of us have been planning for some time now! Overall, super success! Not once did I feel deprived while trying to lose weight. I wasn’t some crazy person trying to skip all carbs or some other diet gimmick. I had a couple beers while watching basketball, a cocktail with dinner at Vida and some drinks that night at Dandelion. I was simply being cautious about how much I was consuming and its ingredients. That’s it, plain and simple.

Yay me!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

YAY BHiggs!! 9lbs is so awesome!! I'm proud of you :)

Lee Ann said...

get it B! so proud of you!!! had so much fun with you last weekend, miss you already!