Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Hair Products


Stalk me on Facebook and you will notice that the length of my hair has not crossed the threshold of my shoulders in, well...actually, way before I even joined Facebook back in college.   I have always kept it short because my hair is so fine and thin that I feel as it gets longer, it gets straggly looking. 

Well I changed my mind and I want to start trying to grow it out so that hopefully in a year (yes, it might just take a year) I can wear it in some sort of up- for the wedding.  In order to begin the process and have it healthy I knew all along I need to start taking better care of my hair. 

My first step was a much needed visit to Modern Salon in the Hearst Tower for some hair care T.L.C.  I got a good trim, deep condition treatment, soft highlights and some advice from one of the sweetest gals in the salon, Codie.

Since my visit I have discontinued the use of all my old hair styling products that were drying my hair out including hair spray! (I know, it's not the 80's but I still used hair spray to manage fly aways and give me some root boost.)  All of my old products contained some sort of alcohol and each were causing major build up which ultimately weighed my hair down.  I have also stopped shampooing my hair every day.  Now I only use shampoo two or three days a week and I have noticed a tremendous difference in the shine and texture of my hair.

I do still wake up in the morning with MAJOR bed head so I will either spritz my hair and re-style or just wet and condition to give it some moisture while its wet.  Before I style, I use my NEW products that I purchased at Modern.  I absolutely LOVE them.  They are light, and really give my hair a soft texture that I have always wanted:







So far I feel like I am on the right track!  Codie gave me some little secrets about heat styling with a hair dryer and a flat iron and I am trying my hardest to put those tips to good use so that come next March, I might have a thick, healthy pony-tail!

Fingers Crossed


No comments: