Thursday, March 1, 2012

WWW Week Four

Weight Watchers Weigh In Wednesday is baaaaaaakkkkkk.

Well....another week gone and another ½ pound lost. That’s right, only ½ pound but I am OK with that because I am honest with myself and I know what I did wrong.


This week I did not track my points as accurately as I should have and I know that led me to definitely go over my allotted weekly amount. It was a hard week. I ate dinner out three times AND went out to the bar Saturday night. A night out at the bar and losing weight are very hard to do hand in hand but like everyone reminded me, loosing is better than gaining AND again, this is real life weight loss, not The Biggest Loser. I want to go out for friend's birthday dinners and I appreciate date nights with by fiancé so yes, that’s my life and I don’t want to miss out on it.

I will give myself some credit that while out to dinner Friday night at Zio with “Charleston”, I passed on the bread basket which I usually would have had at least two pieces, started with a garden salad with dressing on the side and only had two small slices of thin cheese pizza. The issue came when I got home. Later that night I got a little hungry and instead of reaching for a healthy low-point snack, the leftover pizza was calling my name and I finished it! Not good.

Saturday night, “Charleston” and I joined our friends out at Brazwells and Andrew Blairs and I can totally say that the points that came with drinking a beer, a glass of wine, and a liquor drink were TOTALLY not worth it. I could have sipped on a glass of water and still had the same amount of fun. I am learning my lessons and next time I will do differently.

On Monday night I went to dinner at DISH for my friend Lauren’s birthday. Check out the DISH menu and you tell me what looks healthy…NOT MUCH! DISH is a place for good, down home southern cooking! I had eaten a salad for lunch so I couldn’t swallow anymore rabbit food, therefore I opted for the Grilled Chicken Pesto Pita, hold the cream cheese and grill with no butter. On the side I chose the vegetarian chili. Both ended up to be DELICIOUS and totally worth the points that they were. If it was any other night and I was not trying to lose weight, I would have probably gone for their salmon patties with Mac-n-Cheese and collard greens. Their entrees also come with a biscuit and deviled egg which I would have finished as well.

I might not be losing extreme amounts of weight each week but I feel better now that I am starting to make smarter decisions when it comes to food. I also have a pair of pants on today that I have not been able to wear in quite some time. At least if the scales are not speaking for themselves my clothes are!

Yay for another week to start fresh and hit the nail on the head for a successful week!

No comments: