Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blaine's Bar

“Charleston” is planning for a bachelor weekend with his guy friends this coming weekend. They are headed to the sunny Savannah, GA to be “beer drinking-stomach belching-butt poofing” MEN. So last night he was looking up restaurants that would take dinner reservations for these 14 studs as well as fun bars they could hit up afterwards.

Well… I get to work this morning, open my email, and find a message from “Charleston” with the following link: http://www.blainesbar.com/

I get excited. I think there is a bar named after me in Savannah! I got extra excited because I am headed to Savannah in a couple months for Jackie’s bachelorette and I was thinking “I JUST HAVE TO GO THERE!”

So I clicked on the link and saw the homepage. I simply glanced over the homepage, didn’t think twice about it, read the first couple lines and moved on with my merry day thinking…"I will definitely have to stop by when I go to Savannah.” (You see, I get excited when things have my name because it NEVER happens. As a kid I always wanted the key chains, cups and picture frames with the preprinted names on them but they never preprinted ‘Blain’, and if they did, it was spelled ‘Blaine’ and it was always in written in blue for a boy.)

This afternoon I was going through my email and I was about to delete “Charleston’s” message when I clicked on the link again to find the location of Blaine’s Bar. That’s when it hit me. This place is a gay bar.

The description ‘Back Door’ bar, the colorful rainbow in the corner, the flexed male arm in the header, and even the word ‘gay’ on the homepage all passed me by the first time I checked this out. But now it stood out LOUD AND CLEAR. I’m dumb. And slightly disappointed.

Oh well, so Blaine’s is a gay bar; probably not some place I would want to hang out during Jackie’s bachelorette weekend. But hey…at least Blaine’s is Savannah’s ONLY no cover gay place to party! Ha ha YES!


Maybe I should just travel to Blaine’s Pub in San Angelo, TX!

No comments: