Thursday, March 25, 2010

O.A.R and A Tomato...They Make My Day

So excited for the good news! O.A.R is returning to Charlotte to the Uptown Amphitheatre at the N.C. Music Factory on Friday, Aug. 13th! Yeah!
You either love them or hate them….but I am one that LOVES them. I will never get tired of them; NEVER. Some people hate the way they have tried to jump around with the types of music they produce but…I find it intriguing that they have the talent to produce a different sound and still succeeded with top hits. Raw genius!
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 16th.
Buy yours and come with me!


Oh yeah…and check-out what I am having for dinner tonight! I got some really good tomatoes at the grocery this week so I am making a Grilled Tomato Sandwich with Blue Cheese Spread!!! YUM – I LOVE TOMATOS!

***these are very loose directions with no real measurements. These are my measurementsfrom teh last time I made these sandwichs so feel free to use more or less as needed!

¼ cup blue cheese
About 1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
½ to 1 teaspoon milk
2 slices good-quality, crusty bread
2 to 3 slices ripe, red tomato
1/2 to 1 tablespoon butter

MASH blue cheese, cream cheese and chives with just enough milk to make it spreadable. Smear a thin layer on each slice of bread. Top with tomato slices, salt and pepper and put bread together to make a sandwich.

HEAT skillet and add butter. Swirl around pan until melted and pan is coated. Place sandwich in skillet and cook a couple of minutes, until toasted on one side. Press down sandwich gently with a spatula and turn. Cook until golden and gooey.

CUT on diagonal and serve hot. (If you're making more than one, assemble them on a baking sheet, brush with melted butter and broil on both sides.).

No comments: