Friday, March 26, 2010

William E. Poole Designs

I grew up wanting to be an architect.

I had my dream house in my head and I sketched it ALL the time on any blank piece of paper that drifted in front of me.

If I was smart enough, creative enough, and dedicated to 1 million hours worth of work in college I would have tried my darndest to get a degree in architecture….but that didn’t happen.

So now I can just admire the work of others….and I do…everyday.

I actually think I might have a small addiction to house floor plans, they are like wine on a Friday night.

In mine and Blair’s bathroom as a kid, mom had a basket in the floor that had magazines. She ALWAYS had the monthly Southern Living. While I was taking care of business (and this isn’t gross because #1. I was only like 6 years old and #2. Everyone poops!) I would pick up the Southern Living and turn immediately to the sample house floor plan they would feature in every issue.

If I liked what I saw, I would tear out the plan, fold it, and put it in my piggy bank for safe keeping! I think that is where my obsession began.

Well lately I have been drooling over William E Poole’s Designs. Mr. Poole is a man of my own design heart! I love his style and consistent use of front porches! Although he does like to add a formal living room and dining room in most of his designs but...minor changes can always be made to most any plan. I simply would rather have a larger family room then have a separate family room and a formal living room. I mean who honestly uses formal living rooms these days?…just my opinion!

Here are some of my favorites!!!

My #1 Pick of All Time – Design 1: (The master bedroom, bath, and closet won my heart!) Melrose Plantation

***the rest are in no particular order

Design 2: Evangeline Parish

Design 3: Evergreen

Design 4: Belle Grove

Design 5: St. Francisville

And I could go on and on.
Maybe one day I can end up in one of his creations…...
......can’t a girl dream?!

No comments: