She’s coming home tomorrow. I know she misses me dearly and her hometown of Charlotte.
She has been with my dad all week and I have been on edge to see her again.
Last Sunday night, on my way back from Greensboro to Charlotte, an I-85 pothole gobbled my baby and left her crippled….totally gimp on her driver front side.
Yes, that’s right…
I was down-and-out last Sunday on the side of I-85 right before Exit 111 at High Point University….at 9:00pm.
NOT COOL.
I hit a pothole. My front driver side tire blew and I flew off the road into the center median.
I Called “Charleston”. He came. Helped me change my tire. (Thank goodness I wasn’t that far out of Greensboro/Kernersville!)
I Called the 5-O. They came with flashing blue lights and parked behind me so the massive 18-wheelers and other lunatics would slow down while we were taking care of business.
I Called Dad. He met me on the side of I-85 to switch cars so I wouldn’t have to ride back to Charlotte on the puney doughnut some call a tire.
So….
Dad took my crippled car and headed back to Kernersville and I took my dad’s older ’92 Honda Accord (his drive-the-crap-out-of-so-we-don’t-put-miles-or-dirt-on-his-new-Tacoma truck)and continued my journey back to Charlotte.
Dad kept her in Kernersville all week. She got a brand new set of front tires and hopefully a little car spa treatment ;)
Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow to visit for the day and to bring my baby back to me. I can’t wait. I miss her. I have been pimpin’ the Old Honda Accord around the city all week and I am just not sure she is made for city life. The people here do not have the patience for her. When backing out of a parking space, you put the car in reverse, back out, stop, put it in drive and wait for it…wait for it…wait for it…..now go. You have to wait 5 minutes for the car to switch into gear (ok I exaggerate just a little) but still….. People in these parts of town don’t have that kind of patience they do in Kernersville.
I have had more horns blown at me this week than ever for holding up the Harris Teeter parking lot waiting for my ride to switch into gear; pulling out onto South Blvd, peddle to the metal and still not getting fast enough before someone is on my ass.
This car is ready to be back in the slower life in Kernersville and I want my baby back.
I am like a kid on Christmas in anticipation to get behind her wheel again and give her some love.
Here are some pictures of my car’ identical twin sister who is waiting to be adopted:
Anyone interested?!!!
Doesn't she have the cuttest butt! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment