Monday, March 22, 2010

Sister Saturday

Saturday night I cried.

I honestly did.

Even though I was in a city full of people and I had friends that wanted me to hang out, I still cried because she had left and I didn’t want her to go. All of a sudden the city felt strange and lonely, almost like a “temporary” home. I didn’t want her to leave me. I felt like a kid being left during their first time at summer camp. It wasn’t a full out sob session, just the casual tears that fall when you really miss someone.

Sister came to visit on Saturday. Sam (my brother-in-law) had gone on a camping trip for the weekend. I had nothing going on so Blair drove down to Charlotte for the day to play and shop attack at Southpark Mall; you know, just be sisters. We have not had a “just-the-two-of-us” time since the weekend last summer she came to visit, before she found out she was pregnant, and we enjoyed bottle after bottle of wine on the porch at Rock Bottom.

I miss her.

I miss her more than anything.

I talk to her at least once a day whether it is a phone call or BBM message but it’s not the same not having her HERE; not having her AROUND all the time.

We did some serious shopping damage at Southpark as Sister gave me her honest opinion on clothes that I normally would and would not buy. We bought us some new braziers as Sister was proud to announce that her boobs are now bigger than mine due to her being almost 30 weeks pregnant. (No worries though…Olivia Claire will suck the life right back out of those by the end of the summer and I will be right back on top! :) )

We had lunch on the patio of Crisp, ran some errands before the mall and later enjoyed a casual dinner at McAlister’s. It could not have been a better day and I think it was just the right dose of medicine I needed from home.

When she pulled away from my apartment I have never felt so lonely. There went what technically is my “other half.” I miss her more then she knows and more then I can even express.

I hope one day I can have twin girls so that they can share the same things Blair and I share. If not, at least two little girls that will be there for each other every day. I am so excited that Blair is having a little girl and I think this is what makes it harder and harder to realize how fast life is moving. I never thought I could see the day when Blair or I started having kids but the day has come- its crazy! I am so excited to be an Aunt and I am so happy for sister. I can’t wait to share in this exciting new adventure with her and even more excited to share more Saturday’s shopping around, just us girls….Me, Sister and my new niece Olivia!

Thank you Blair for the most amazing day and being who you are.

I miss you like a kid left at summer camp.


She will hate me for posting this but here is Sister on Saturday after we returned from the mall. We were going to send a picture of me to "Charleston" but decided to try and trick him and send one of Blair to see if he noticed. He's too smart...he knew this was not his girlfriend! Good boy :)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Nooooo! Finally a pregnancy picture and she doesn't little pregnant at all! Little fart!

Jenna said...

**look pregnant