“Charleston’s” real name is Matthew and he is the most amazing person I have ever met. He adopted the name “Charleston” the afternoon I met him on September 19, 2009 at the NC State/Gardner-Webb football game at Carter Finley. Because he was a graduate of UNC and attending an NC State football game with a high school buddy, he refused to wear an actual NC State T-shirt, therefore, he opted for a grey and red College of Charleston T. While tailgating that afternoon, for-the-life-of-me I couldn't remember his name, so… I began calling him Charleston because it was written across his chest. The rest was history.
There are not enough kind words in a dictionary to describe Matt. He has such a caring and compassionate personality that it is infectious. Matthew is genuine. He is committed. Matthew is real, honest and willing.
Often times people say they love another for the way they make them feel or what the other does for them. I beyond doubt love Matt for Matt, not for what he does for me. In every definition he is who he is and it makes me appreciate him SO much. How he makes me feel and what he does for me is simply an amazing added bonus.
Matt is the middle child of a very loving family; sandwiched between two sisters. He grew up in the Myers Park area of Charlotte and graduated in 2002 from Myers Park High School. He attended UNC and graduated with a degree in Business Administration. Matthew lives in Greensboro, NC and works for Kotis Properties as an Assistant Property Manager. Matt loves to hunt and fish. (Even though he will say he USED to hunt and fish until he met this “shorty” in Charlotte that has began to occupy his weekends ;) Hey..I am not pulling any arms here :))
He is a die hard UNC fan and could probably live off of chicken fingers if he had the choice. He prefers the beach over the mountains and would be the happiest man if he had his dream job of chartering 50’ Hatteras boats off the North Carolina coast. He has a passion for traveling and biting his finger nails. He is an excellent cook and loves to take his frustration out on a treadmill. His favorite color is blue to match his gorgeous eyes and if you were to see him out, do not be surprised if he has on a button-up, Seven jeans and New Balance tennis shoes; it’s how he is comfortable. He can sleep for an impressive twelve hours on any given night but can stay up ‘till the wee hours of the morning with the best of them. He takes his coffee black and his food extra spicy. He can be sarcastic when needed but also charming, witty and stunningly handsome at the same time (I’m not bias at all :))
Matt is admirable; he has a type of patience that is beyond belief. He has the ability to make you smile, giggle, cry and laugh-out-loud all in the same sentence…maybe even a loud snort at the end! He is outspoken but reflective. He is the kind of person that will stand his ground in his beliefs but also willing to admit his faults without a battle. His friends respect him as well as everyone that comes in contact with him.
I have never met anyone like Matt. When out of the clear blue, he puts his arm around me, kisses me on the forehead, and pulls me in tight for a hug on Aisle 9 of the Harris Teeter on a busy Sunday afternoon, I know instantly it was meant for me to have met “Charleston.”
I want to do whatever it takes to support him and his dreams . I want to make him happy and I want to make him proud for one reason….because he deserves it.
Meet “Charleston”
A.K.A: Matt
I love him...I really do...isn't he just the cutest.... :)



No comments:
Post a Comment