Monday, March 8, 2010

My Room Overhaul

My room needed an overhaul.

When Anna, Leann and I moved into our new apartment I didn’t add anything “new” except for my desk. Things FELT new because they were in a new room but it was the same stuff and I couldn’t bare it any longer.

My room did not have a “theme” or a color scheme. It was stuff that I loved but none of it needed to be together.

I wanted something “girlie-romantic.” The only things I wanted to keep were my light mustard yellow sheets and the large canvas painting I bought from IKEA that is over my bed. Everything else was fair game to trash.

Therefore, as “Charleston” would say, “I seriously shop-attacked.”

I went straight to West Elm and found a lilac duvet cover; lilac was going to be my dominant color.

I then started on the far end of South Boulevard near I-485 and worked my way 10 miles back towards uptown hitting every “home store” from The Dollar Store to Pier One.

I purchased my room in a matter of 4 hours from Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, World Market, Big Lots, Anne’s Linens, The Dollar Store, Home Depot, Lowes, Pier One and West Elm. I price shopped and ran back and forth between the good deals. I had a vision of what I wanted.

I purchased:
- A duvet cover – West Elm
- Two Euro pillow shams – West Elm

(this is not my room....but it is my duvet and pillow shams!)

- TV stand and tea light candle holders– Target

- Purple accent pillow – West Elm

- White Dust ruffle – Bed Bath and Beyond

- Yellow Accent Pillow – Pier One
- Two Vase Candle Holders – Big Lots





- Various shades of purple candles – Dollar Store

- Flower arrangement and a candle holder – Bed Bath and Beyond



- Wallpaper (sample pieces to frame above my dresser) - Lowes

All of that combined with my sheets, the IKEA canvas painting and new hardware for my dresser drawers from Restoration Hardware and….
(My sheets)
(Painting from Ikea)

(drawer pull)
(drawer knob)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it all turned out!
Mom and Dad came on Saturday and installed a ceiling fan for me that is gorgeous and tied the entire room together!
I have moved apartments/houses 6 times since leaving Kernersville for college and out of all the bedrooms I have had, this one is my absolute favorite. Blain’s retreat!

Ill post final project pics this week!

No comments: