Thursday, September 30, 2010

It Is Going To Be A Lifelong Love


I always knew my eyes had expensive taste. No matter what I am shopping for… jewelry, home decorations, clothes, shoes… I always find myself at the cash register getting a price check and then a huge disappointment stabs me in the heart when I find that my new love is WAY out of my budget.

Well yesterday solidified the fact that my body bleeds expensive taste. Not only are my eyes attracted to the top of the line but my nose is as well. In 2002, when Chanel Chance was introduced to the world, I got addicted. I have never worn a perfume before that smelled so glamorous and seriously lasted ALL day. I wore Chance all through college and friends and co-workers became accustomed to my “scent” and said they always knew when I was around or had arrived at work or a party. It became the “Blain” smell.

Well since 2002, as you can guess, the price of Chance has gone up. I remember paying roughly $50 for my first 3.4 oz bottle of the EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY. Since then I have gone through many bottles, not really paying attention to price, mainly because they have been given to me as gifts. (I am easy to shop for when I stick to the same product for almost 10 years!) Well several months ago I ran out. I started shopping around and the exact same bottle that was $50 ten years ago is now around $100! It’s ludicrous; especially when there are so many other options under $65!

So last night I went to Macy’s with full intentions of buying something different that will become the new “Blain.” I sniffed and smelled around until I gave myself a headache and I came home with…..

...

...

...

more Chanel Chance.

I couldn’t do it. I bit the bullet and bought a bottle for $90. (Ugh, it sucks to even type that. I am slightly ashamed.) But, I had to stay true to my heart (and my nose) even though my pocket was telling me no.

So now it’s PB&J for the rest of the week but at least I will be smelling fabulous and just like myself as I eat it! Sacrifice is well worth it!

No comments: