I ruined the plan.
I turned on her.
I chose NC State over Carolina.
See, we had this arrangement.
We would go to Carolina. (Yes, I now believe I was on some kind of drug when I agreed to this.)
We would be roomies.
We would party together, play together and study together.
Two peas in a pod
Then I did a 180.
I applied at NC State.
Accepted at NC State
Found another roomie; partied with other people; played with other people and studied with other people.
She stuck with the plan…
…and attended Carolina.
But….
She kept me and accepted my decision and stayed my bestest bud.
That’s what you do when you have been friends since preschool.
She lived in Chapel Hill and I lived in Raleigh.
Even though the cities were close, you know how it goes when you get into your own lifestyles and routines.
We made visits to each others on our separate campuses but never actually got to live together or in the same city.
Then graduation came.
Our plans derailed us our separate ways again.
She moved to DC and I moved to Charlotte.
But...
We stayed best buds because that’s what you do when you have been friends since preschool.
Weeeelllllll…
It’s been 8 years since we first decided to part ways and live in separate cites but...
That’s all coming to an end.
LAUREN IS MOVING TO CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!!
I have never been so excited.
My best bud is back in the South and more importantly close to me!
She will be here in OCTOBER!
Yes, I know, that’s less than a month!
I’m done. No more words can describe how happy I am right now.
I love my "homey g funk" , A.K.A. Lauren Musiol, always and forever.
Come October we will both be Charlotteans!
A little piece of home will soon be close and it’s stored in my best friend!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment