Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Disgusted With The Dry Cleaners

It was Saturday afternoon and I was ready to head to Anna and Eric’s wedding.  I had my hair done, make up on, bra and undies, check.  Purse was packed and shoes were by the door.  All I had to do was put my dress on.  Being the organized chic that I am, I prepared ahead of time a schedule for what dress I would wear to each of the 8 weddings I had this summer.  I was determined not to buy a new dress and stick to the plan.  Therefore, this dress is what was scheduled for this day:
I was a greeter at Anna’s 5:00pm nuptials so I thought this dress to be very appropriate and sophisticated.   I had only worn it once to the ADPI function I posted about early in the year.  I loved this dress and was prepared to party the night away in it.
It was 10 minutes before we needed to head out the door.  I went upstairs removed the plastic and took the dress off the hanger.  I unzipped it and this monster appeared on the inside:

Yesterday, I tried my hardest to control every emotion in my body as I marched my way into the cleaners but, as soon as my foot crossed the threshold of the door frame, the poor girl (who barely spoke English) didn’t stand a chance. It was on. Immediately she said “der is noting I can do. I have to sent it back to Heather” Who the hell is Heather I think “heather is de only one dat can do anty ting” she kept telling me. I finally figured that Heather is the owner. She told me that the only thing she can do is send it to Heather and Heather would take a look and give me a call. She also tried to tell me that dry cleaning wouldn’t do that to a garment, that she didn’t know how that could happen because all they do is dry clean it. Ok, ok, ok, blah, blah, blah..just fix my freakin dress.

I don’t care if it happened in dry cleaning; if someone zipped it up to hard while trying to put it on a hanger; or if the girl in the stock room wore it out to a party on the Friday night that I dropped it off. I don’t care exactly what happened to it but all I know is that I left my expensive dress in their possession in excellent condition and it comes back to me ruined.

Now I wait for Heather, the owner, to call. Stay tuned.



Yes, that’s a HUGE rip in the fabric!  Not a seam, not several threads missing, but a HUGE RIP all the way down the inside back of the dress. To put it gently, I lost it.  I dropped this dress off at the sh*tty Cleaners on Kenilworth Ave several weeks ago to get it cleaned and in mint condition and this is what I get in return.  You have to be kidding me!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

eek, is that my cleaners that keeps going up on their prices every few months??