I try to do a meatless/fishless dinner at least once a week. Most of the time the menu includes a combo of any of the following staples:
1. Vegetable soup
2. Three Bean Chili
3. Salad
4. Grilled Vegetables
5. Pasta
6. Rice
7. Baked potato
Well I went to the Farmers Market yesterday after work to see what they had to offer and I picked up some red/green peppers, zucchini, squash and onion. Great, i'll make grilled veggie kabobs.
My next stop was Target. As I was scowering the rice isle looking for my favorite boxed couscous (with Targets new renovations in the food section, I have no clue where anything is!) I ran across something I had never seen before - Boxed Risotto! (OK, I might seem a little sheltered but… at the grocery I follow the simple rule of shopping only on the outside aisles. Therefore, I rarely venture into the inside unless I know EXACTLY what I want.) I have made risotto before with a recipe but it was kind of a pain in the ass. So the box came home with me and my veggies. Therefore the othe rnight became meatless Tuesday at the casa – veggie kabobs and Archer Farms Four Cheese Risotto.
Final Verdict….the risotto was AWESOME, super easy and super cheap. Try it. Trust me!



No comments:
Post a Comment