Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Didn't Want The Weekend To End



When you can’t look over your shoulder to see a car in your blind spot because you are so stiff, you know it was a good weekend.

When you are so tired you order two Starbucks Venti Café Mocha’s for yourself during one drive thru trip, you know it was a good weekend.

When you sit in traffic for an hour on I-85 and it really doesn’t bother you, you know it was a good weekend.

Hey, guess what…..I had an amazing weekend!

I try not to re-cap my weekends on posts because at some point, let’s be honest, no one really cares every move I make. (That’s why I don’t get the use of Twitter! Twitter is ridiculous. NO ONE is that special that they think everyone in the cyber world wants to know that they “are on their way to the airport”, “enjoying an apple for snack”, “watching re-runs of Lost on TV.” Oh well, that’s another topic for another day. Twitter is stupid.)

Anyway, first off, it was a long weekend. Nothing can be better than a free vacation day! Thank you Labor Day! The weather this weekend was amazing so the girls and I spent Friday night on the porch of Selwyn Pub thoroughly engrossed in some of the funniest conversation possible. I love those nights when you are truly enjoying the company around you that you feel that you are the only people in the place. Thanks to Lauren, Kirsten, Laura, Jenna, and Amy for the entertainment!

My roomies are out of town this weekend so Friday after work I cleaned the BUH-JESUS out of the apartment until it sparkled. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my roommates more than life itself but…that feeling of waking up refreshed on Saturday with the apartment just the way you left it when you went to bed felt fabuous! I slept in that morning, only getting up at 9 to go get mani’s and pedi’s with the girls before taking it pool side for the afternoon. Saturday night eight of us girls attended the Taylor Swift concert in honor of Miss. Lucks 25th birthday. Gloriana and Kelly Pickler opened for Taylor and they were amazing! Wild at Heart is Gloriana’s new hit and probably one of my favorites on the radio right now. Kelly was way better than I had originally expected. She was so down-to-earth and easy with the crowd. The girl must have been getting voice lessons or something because she sounded ten times better than I have ever heard her! Now, this is just my own opinion but Taylor was just OK. The child has talent but I don’t think she was that entertaining. Then again, I am 25 and she definitely caters towards a younger crowd, but . . . I felt everything she said was so scripted. Oh well, still, all-in-all, not too shabby of a concert! As the rest of the girls headed home after the concert, I headed to BlackFinn for a couple hours to meet up with my diva’s from Raleigh, Miss. Resnick and Miss Vincent! I knew I would not see them the rest of the weekend so I couldn’t let them travel all the way to Charlotte without seeing their pretty faces!

Sunday morning I woke up early and headed to Rabun County, GA to spend some time by the lake with Josh and several of his high school friends. Since Atlanta and Charlotte are slightly separated and both Josh and I seem to be pretty busy individuals, whatever time we can try and spend together we might as well take advantage of it so . . . after thinking Josh told me the drive would only be 2 hours on highway roads . . . 3 hours later on a two lane winding road I was in GA playing horseshoes, tubing, enjoying cold beverages and grilling out. Lake Burton is absolutely gorgeous; with mountain peaks around every cove. Nothing like what you see here at Lake Wylie or Lake Norman…ten times more scenic and natural. Somehow Kim and I got to be guinea pigs in the day’s first tubing event which is pretty much what put me into the stiff casket that I sit in right now. While you are out on the water and several beverages deep it seems like so much fun to be tossed around like a rag-doll off the back of a boat, but a day later…not the smartest idea! I can’t move my head!

Josh’s friends from high school were very sweet and there is something comforting seeing someone else that has such close friends from high school like I do. Something about Josh makes me feel comfortable and content and I truly enjoyed every minute I was there.

Sunday afternoon I made the journey back to Charlotte after getting stuck behind both a dump truck, a girl on a dirt bike, and dead stop traffic on I-85, but, one way or the other, no matter how long it took me to get back, the entire “quick trip” was well worth it.

Upon my return to the fabulous Eastover Ridge, ten of my friends at the apartment were grilling out so I joined them by the pool for dinner and then closed the night out with a movie at the apartment with Dustin.

Words can’t explain how perfect this weekend was with a little “taste” of all my friends and activities. Sure, the GA trip was a tease because it makes me wish Atlanta and Charlotte were a little closer but…I guess you take what you can get when you get it. Happy Birthday to Luck Luck who celebrated her birthday and thank you for some of the most amazing friends who keep me entertained every second!

No comments: