
Construction.
Orange barrels
Chain linked fences
Cranes
Dump trucks
Jack hammers
Roach coaches (mobile snack trucks that drive around to the different construction sites grilling up tacos and burgers etc. And in the meantime, transferring the roaches of downtown Charlotte from one location to the next. Ugh, they are gross!)
Roads closed
Bulldozers
Concrete trucks
And the list goes on….
And the list goes on….
If you look out the front of our office building….that’s all you see. To the front is the construction of the new Duke Energy building, soon to be the second tallest in Charlotte with 48 floors. To the left, a new 20 floor office building which will occupy HDR (an engineering company). To the left of that, The Catalyst, a 27 floor condo building. And in front of that are two new buildings for the arts/theater/museum departments. Therefore, within three blocks, five new buildings.
What does construction bring?….creepy construction workers.
Honestly, they are freaking everywhere!
To walk to Duke Energy’s second building on Tryon, to go out to lunch, to walk to the post office and even to my car in the afternoon, you have to go through these construction sites and today I finally blew a fuse. I went to lunch with Ariston and Aaron at French Quarter and on my way back with Ariston I honestly wanted to hit someone. I am so, absolutely so tired of being stared at. These buildings would have been done last winter if the time that all 10,000 construction workers used in staring at females was used in actual construction. They line the sidewalks during lunch making you swerve in and out of them. When you walk through the crowds of them, I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. These men don’t even try to make it the least bit obvious that they are looking right at you. The groups of men on these construction sites right now are the absolute worse I have ever seen in even making comments when you walk by. I don’t speak clear Spanish but I can make out certain words; I am not deaf! My biggest problem is I don’t know where to look while I am walking. I am most definitely not going to look right at them, but when they don’t even part the sidewalk to let you get through, how do I get them to move and stop looking at me? Where are these men’s manners? Do they never see women? Uptown Cabaret is right across the street….make it a date after work – a “company” outing! STOP STARING AT INNONCENT FEMAIL EMPLOYEES, SERIOUSLY! I cannot wait until this construction is done in a year. I don’t know how much longer I can take it!


No comments:
Post a Comment