A simple road map of Charlotte right? Isn't that what it looks like to you?
I was sitting in the Wachovia Atrium today enjoying lunch with four of my fellow gentleman coworkers when the subject of Sex Offenders came up after referring to the two old sketchy men sitting in the middle of the Atrium playing guitars (If I were to be having lunch with my girlfriends we would never even wondered onto this topic!)
As we started to discuss, I became curious about what kind of people live in my area and the areas in which I go running in on a regular basis - especially when I run alone at night. So I returned to my office and went on the national registry to view the sex offenders in Charlotte. The map above was my search result.
The key to the map:
Offense Against Children:
Red = Offender Home
Maroon = Offender Work
Rape
Yellow = Offender Home
White = Offender Work
Sexual Battery
Light Blue = Offender Home
Dark Blue = Offender Work
Other Offense
Light Green = Offender Home
Dark Green = Offender Work
I don't know about you but I was not the least bit shocked about my findings. I watch the news enough to know that there are some seriously sick individuals out there. I zoomed in on this map and went through the roads that I run in the Charlotte area and have familiarized myself with some of the faces of these people and the houses they live in. (If you are actually on the website and click on the colored squares in the map, you will receive profiles of each sex offender and their specific address)
I know when it comes time for me to buy a house, this website will definitely be something I will check before I start my search. You never know who the "typical" guy next door could really be!
Check it out for yourself and see who is living in your area:


No comments:
Post a Comment