Thursday, September 17, 2009

My 5 Favorite Things

I had a girl at the bar last weekend randomly approach me and start spitting out questions. Three questions she asked were:
1. “How do you get your hair to stack up like that in the back, what do you put in it?”
2. “Where did you get those shoes?”
3. “Who cuts your hair?”
So then one of my girlfriends suggested I do a post on my blog every couple weeks about my “favorite things” so everyone could get to know some “personal” little things about me.
Well…I am up for the challenge so here are my first 5 favorite things!

#1 Cross Canadian Ragweed
The first time I heard this band I believe I was a freshman in college in 2002. They immediately stole my heart. They are such an easy listening band and majority of their CD’s you can pop in and listen to all the way through. I had recently put them on the back burner until I was on a road trip two weeks ago to GA and found one of their CD’s hiding out in disc changer #2! My road trip was then complete. This would be the band I would become a groupie of and follow like Kate Hudson follows the band Stillwater in the movie Almost Famous! (Thank goodness I did not grow up in the 70’s; I would have been in trouble!)

Listen to a couple of their songs here and see if you do not agree!
Alabama: http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Alabama/1160464
Constantly:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Constantly/857417
17:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/17/8772695


#2 Nashville Music Marathon

I love to run. It’s my “get-a-way” and every time I am done I feel 10 times better and I am more confident in myself. I also love to run with people. Recently Dustin and I have been running together a lot and I truly enjoy it. I don’t like to talk to people while I am running but just having someone there to help pace you and keep you going is fantastic! But, I want to “run towards something” so…my next new adventure…..

The Country Music Marathon and ½ in Nashville next April.

I have done 5K’s and 10K’s before and love the energy that everyone has while running together. I think it is time to move on now and go for something a little bigger! Two of my girlfriends did this marathon last year and said it was a lot of funs so . . . this year, Nashville, prepare yourself because here I come!!!
http://nashville.competitor.com/


#3 John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing crème


My hair is crazy. It has a mind of its own, honestly. I HAVE to dry it every day with a big round brush to keep it straight and I try my hardest to shy away from a hair straightner because those things just kill your hair. But without a hair straightner I constantly feel like my hair is out of control until I found this…

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing crème

This little baby is a miracle.

Here’s a little overview:
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme replaces natural oils lost during blow-drying or everyday stress and abuse. Transforms puffy, parched hair into a perfect smooth, supple texture.
A revolutionary concept in hair styling and moisturizing, Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon finishing creme provides all-day styling, moisturizing, conditioning and glossing action. Supplementing hair's own sebum, it lightly lubricates hair leaving it supple, smooth and shiny, not parched, puffy or dull. Truly unique, this quick-acting formula utilizes a triggered release mechanism to provide immediate as well as continuous 24-hour coverage. Unrestricted microdroplets of moisturizing oils instantly permeate each hair shaft, without leaving the surface greasy. Replenishing oils lost to blow-drying, it tames flyaways and static. Contains sunscreen to help protect hair from UV damage.


#4 Snooks by Nine West


These T-Strap puppies will become a staple in my closet this fall season! I have ordered them from NineWest.com and cannot wait to rock them out with my skinny jeans and gold jewels! The best thing about these shoes is you can wear them with anything because the heel is only 4”! . . so, even with a dress they don’t look like you just stepped off the stage at Uptown Cabaret and headed out for the night!
Ahhhhh, aren’t they so pretty!

#5 Postcards from Borders Books


I love real mail – like mail delivered by the mail man. I love checking the mailbox and having something physical. No one does it anymore and it is ashamed. If it were not for flyers and junk mail, the mail man’s job has to have gotten a lot easier over the years. With email, texts, BBM’s etc. you lose that personal touch. Therefore, I fell in love with the $1.00 postcards at Borders Books. Every time I am in the Sharon Rd. area I stop in at Borders and pick up a collection of postcards. I keep them at my desk at work so that when I am thinking of a friend or family member, I pull one out, write them a little note and throw it in the mail! I cherish and value my friends and family and whatever I can do to let them know I am thinking of them I want to do. I hope these little notes bring as much sunshine to their day as receiving real mail brings to mine!

No comments: