Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye "Summer Camp"

I.

Am.

Out.

Eastover Ridge, it has been a pleasure…but there are bigger things waiting for me in uptown!

You have taught me how to never let go of that college kid in all of us.

You have allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people I will call friends until the day I die.

You have given me many Saturday and Sunday fun days by the pool and at my neighbor’s apartments playing rock band and watching TV.

You have introduced me to two total strangers who turned into amazing friends and roommates.

You were there to experience with me what it is like to be 100% independent and truly living on my own for the very first time.

You have hosted bachelorette parties, dinner gatherings, Friday night movies, sleepovers with friends, and pre-game night out events.

You let me go on my very first day in the corporate world and watched me take my first step into grad school.

You have provided me shaded safe sidewalks to run and a family friendly neighborhood all around.

You have experienced it all with me.

You are the place I lived when I finally called Charlotte “home.”

Eastover Ridge, you will be missed. I have lived with you longer than any other place besides my childhood house. You hold some of the most precious and dear memories over the past three years that I will never forget.

We experienced this time together.

Goodbye “Summer Camp”. I love you.


No comments: