
Yesterday I was in procrastination mode so I called Dustin. Dustin just bought a house. It’s a cute little house but it definitely needed some paint and furniture (I’m sorry, I meant “handsome” house. I learned you never call a guy’s house “cute”.)
Anyways, Dustin bought an entire bedroom, living room and dining room straight out of IKEA’s. It is great furniture for a good price but….
When you buy furniture from IKEA it comes in 100000000 different pieces. It really is annoying but I love this kind of stuff. I love to build and assemble. Each piece comes with picture instructions (they can't put words on their instructions since they sell it internationally). Most people hate this kind of stuff but I get super excited about it!
So... Dustin and I started out and got his bedroom done -2 dressers and a night stand; piece of cake. He then wanted to hang the panels he bought to use as blinds/curtains in the living room. Now, I love working with Dustin because he will admit he gets confused over this stuff so he sits back, lets me look through the instructions, figure it out and then give him instructions about what and where we are going to put it. After finishing the dressers and night stand with ease I think both of us had gotten big heads and thought we could tackle anything. NOT! The panels and sliding track were a slap in the face. They were awful. Tiny little threaded pieces only to be screwed in with a small, small, small, small, small allen wrench. It was a nightmare. Everything was sold separately and in separate boxes. Everything needed to be measured and hung level in a straight line. An absolute nightmare. The panels even had to be assembled. Again, a freakin nightmare.
The final product looked really nice against Dustin’s lime green wall but….it wasn’t worth the hassle. I would have paid the extra bucks to purchase these already assembled. The two hours spent on hanging those stupid panels I will never get back.
Below is what I am talking about: don’t waste your time! (and at the top were the pieces that attached to each pannel)
Anyways, Dustin bought an entire bedroom, living room and dining room straight out of IKEA’s. It is great furniture for a good price but….
When you buy furniture from IKEA it comes in 100000000 different pieces. It really is annoying but I love this kind of stuff. I love to build and assemble. Each piece comes with picture instructions (they can't put words on their instructions since they sell it internationally). Most people hate this kind of stuff but I get super excited about it!
So... Dustin and I started out and got his bedroom done -2 dressers and a night stand; piece of cake. He then wanted to hang the panels he bought to use as blinds/curtains in the living room. Now, I love working with Dustin because he will admit he gets confused over this stuff so he sits back, lets me look through the instructions, figure it out and then give him instructions about what and where we are going to put it. After finishing the dressers and night stand with ease I think both of us had gotten big heads and thought we could tackle anything. NOT! The panels and sliding track were a slap in the face. They were awful. Tiny little threaded pieces only to be screwed in with a small, small, small, small, small allen wrench. It was a nightmare. Everything was sold separately and in separate boxes. Everything needed to be measured and hung level in a straight line. An absolute nightmare. The panels even had to be assembled. Again, a freakin nightmare.
The final product looked really nice against Dustin’s lime green wall but….it wasn’t worth the hassle. I would have paid the extra bucks to purchase these already assembled. The two hours spent on hanging those stupid panels I will never get back.
Below is what I am talking about: don’t waste your time! (and at the top were the pieces that attached to each pannel)




No comments:
Post a Comment