Friday, October 30, 2009

Makes My Mouth Water

Follow Up:
The two recipes below turned out pretty darn good.

They are VERY easy recipes but somehow I still managed to mangle one of them! HA HA BUT....it still turned out fabulous, maybe even better!
Here is what happened....

The Harris Teeter had the whole roasted chickens on sale for only $2.99 for the ENTIRE bird! So...instead of buying chicken and boiling it for the Chicken Spaghetti I cut up this little, already cooked, beauty. Since it was already cooked, I bought a can of chicken broth to boil the noodles in. Welllllll....after the noodles were done boiling, I strained them and dumped out ALL the broth. (Not cool since the recipe calls for 2 cups reserved chicken broth from the pot) So, to fix my mistake, I grabbed a can of cream of chicken I had in the pantry and added it to the mixing bowl along with a can of water (close enough to chicken broth, right?!)
I threw all this in the pan and finished with the rest of directions.
IT CAME OUT AMAZING!!!! yum! It's fool proof! My fave!

I am also picky about green beans; ask mom. I used to eat only Maw-Maw's green beans and, now that mom makes them like Maw-Maw its moved to only Mom's green beans - UNTIL NOW. This Spanish green bean recipe was to die for. It was extremely easy, cheap and low maintenance. See, I am not as picky as everyone thinks I am; I'm growing up!

No comments: