Halloween . . . . . .It loves me.
It loves me not.
It loves me.
It loves me not.
Right now I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. I feel like I am at that weird age for Halloween. For obvious reasons I can’t go trick-or-treating, but . . . I can’t hand out candy which I LOVE to do because “kids” don’t seem to stop by Eastover Ridge to trick-or-treat unless they want to borrow some beer.
Therefore, since it is a “holiday” the pressure is on to do something fun which entitles either a friend’s Halloween house party or hit up the downtown scene at the bar. The only problem with that…you have to dress up. It’s inevitable. If you don’t, you will be “that girl.”
Therefore, we move to my next reason why I am just not a Halloween fan at age 25. Halloween is the one night out of the year for the female race to wear the sluttiest outfit to draw ultimately negative attention to herself and the male species to either show how arrogant or corny they really are. The worst part is…everyone spends “boo”-coos of money on a costume to wear it ONLY this night (because lets be serious, you can’t be seen on Facebook two Halloweens in a row wearing the same costume ! lame-o!) and…to top it off… no one remembers the next day what you were anyways due to the massive amounts of alcohol they had to consume to stay warm and feel better about themselves in their sluty costume.
Halloween.
Just not one of my favorite holidays. Slightly over rated for the individuals that are over the age to trick-or-treat but under the age to have a kid to take trick-or-treating. Oh what to do…..
What happened to the days when Blair and I would carve pumpkins on the back porch and mom would bake the pumpkin seeds? What happened to it always being so cold on October 31 and no matter what you wore you were totally miserable in your costume? What happened to the days when all the kids in the neighborhood would meet on the lawn at the Pizzulo’s house and have McDonalds Happy Meals for dinner before scattering to ring doorbells? What happened to dressing up like Cherry Merry Muffin, Big Bird, the three little pigs with Sarah, or a bag of Jelly Beans? What happened to the times when Halloween was fun?!
Come back Halloween!



No comments:
Post a Comment