Friday, April 9, 2010

....For Generations and Generations!


“That’s the way they have been doing it in Kernersville for generations and generations.”

That’s what I hear every time I go to the stove to make “Charleston” some popcorn.

Why does he say this??

Because I make popcorn on the stove… in a pot… with a lid. I am NOT a fan of the bag popcorn in the microwave that leaves your teeth covered with a film of fake butter…. AND… this is the way my grandmother made popcorn, my mother made popcorn and now Blair and I make popcorn. It’s how they have done it in Kernersville for generations and generations!

Popping your own popcorn is also cheaper and healthier. A bag of Harris Teeter kernels only cost $.89 and lasts for a long time! You also don’t have any of the additives (fake butter, salt etc.) like you do in the microwave popcorn. Stove top popcorn only takes a little bit of oil!.

Here is a little instructional videoI found on YouTube if you need a little assistance in learning how to pop your own stove-top popcorn!


When my popcorn is done, I like to add several dashes of Lawrys Seasoned Salt and Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese! YUM!



No comments: