Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sooooooooooooo Sleepy


This is a shout out to people that work 2nd or 3rd shift at their jobs. Hands down to you, seriously.

This week I am working several night shifts in a row at work (5:00pm – 5:00am) and it is honestly killing me. I don’t know when to sleep, eat, poop, walk or talk. I am totally confused and I feel like my body is HATING me. I feel like I need to be eating dinner at 5am when I get off work and about to go to bed, but…. as the sun is coming up I reach for a bowl of cereal. I have pumped so much coffee into my mouth that my hands are shaking just trying to type. I was out of touch with friends all day while I was sleeping and as I was walking into downtown, everyone else was walking out.

My dad worked 3rd shift last year and now I know what he was feeling for majority of 2009. You are pretty much removed from society and daylight. WEIRD and HORRIBLE!
Therefore I want to thank each of you who make this sacrifice everyday of your career. I admire you and your strength because I can honestly say…I am a weakling. I could never do this on a regular basis!

Happy Wednesday or Thursday or whatever day it is….

No comments: