
The one luxury about living in an apartment compared to a house?
Not having a yard to mow. Whoo hoo!
In college I rented several houses with my girlfriends and in each house we were responsible for the upkeep of the yards.
Two Words: Awful Experience
First, we didn’t want to buy a lawnmower. Those suckers are expensive and really, how long would I need it?
Second, when was I going to have the time to mow the yard? I had school, work and “socializing” to do! :)
Therefore, we would hired someone to swing by every one to two weeks and trim it up. This was just ridiculously expensive!
Upon the move to Charlotte I realized the several luxuries of the apartment life and one included a maintenance free living.
The only downside… nowhere to plant pretty flowers that we used to be plant in our yards.
Over the past couple weeks, I think the words “Oh, look how pretty the flowers at that house are; Oh I miss flowers in the yard; I love flowers in Spring” came out of my mouth maybe one too many times so “Charleston” surprised me last week with some colorful potted plants for the deck!
We took a Sunday afternoon trip to Lowes and purchased some planter pots and soil and now the deck looks Fab-U-lous!
It makes our apartment look a little more like home and gives us a little sense of nature to take place of a yard full of flowers!
After they all start to fully bloom I will have to post more pics!
Roomie "Asian" Leann did the big pot in the middle!
**click to view larger**
**click to view larger**





No comments:
Post a Comment