Friday, February 3, 2012

Wedding Palettes...Tough Call

I go back and forth when it comes to color palettes for the wedding.

If you would have asked me 2 years ago what I had in mind for my dream wedding, you would have gotten the answer of some shade of purple + green + gold + white.

If you would have asked me two months ago you would have gotten Peach + Camel + Antique Gold + Olive + White.

When the question came up yesterday in a conversation with my mom, I said Powder Blue + Nudes + Gold. I feel like I have been all over the spectrum. 

Well now that “Charleston” and I have ALMOST chosen our venue for the reception (we are waiting to sign the contract) I feel that I might need to pick a color scheme that could be a little easier to pull off in this particular space. Maybe something like this:

Copper, Antique Gold, Gray, Silver + White









all pictures via: The Perfect Palette and Martha Stewart


I really love the sophistication and elegance. (and also the fancy party feel)  I am getting the feeling that it is classic enough that I will not look back in 60 years and wonder what-in-our-lords-name was I thinking.

Am I going down the right path or totally getting derailed?  What's your opinion?


2 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE it! Very fancy!

8Grands said...

I know that "oh Lord, what was I thinking?" feeling!!! :o)

VERY sophisticated and lovely, but then again, I like all the other colors you mentioned, too!

Whatever you choose, you will be the most beautiful bride EVER!