Thursday, February 9, 2012

WWW Week ONE

Yesterday was WWW, Weight Watchers Wednesday; our weekly meeting here at work to see how we are doing on the program. Just my luck, my first week on Weight Watchers (WW) brought about a weekend out of town, a Super Bowl Party as well as a night out for my birthday; all of which included food options that are VERY tempting and more difficult to manage.


For those that are not familiar with the WW program, basically it’s a simple point system. Every portion size of a specific food has a particular point value based on its fat, carbohydrate, fiber and protein content. Depending on your weight, you are assigned a daily point value and everyday you choose whatever-in-the-world you want to eat but, after adding up each food, the total cannot exceed your daily point value. Also, each week, you get 49 free points to blow however you see fitting AND you can earn activity points when you workout! Seem simple? Well it really is IF you plan and work at it! It’s not a diet; you’re not restricted to particular foods. It’s just about managing and paying attention to the foods and the amount of each you consume. It is a healthy eating strategy!

My plan this week was to stick to my given 26 points/day during the week when I was able to totally control what I packed for breakfast and lunch and what I cooked for dinner. This then allowed me to stock pile my 49 free points for what was to be a tough “food” weekend. I used my free points at our Super Bowl party and on wine at my birthday dinner! I kept my hand out of the chip basket as much as possible while “Charleston” and I were out to a Mexican dinner with Sister, Olivia and Sam and I passed on the butter bread at our spaghetti dinner for my dad’s birthday. It’s the little moves like these that totally add up!

With all that being said, at the weigh-in yesterday I lost 2.8 lbs in my first week. Not too shabby. With the WW program, because it is supposed to be a sustainable weight loss, you are expected to lose around 2 lbs a week in order to keep it off. I kind of wish I would have gone above and beyond but….any loss is fine by me!

Like Miss Lindsay reminded me last week, it’s a slow process but it does work, just be patient! Best piece of advice I have gotten! It does seem like a lot of work in a week just to lose 2 lbs but…..I am keeping my eye on the prize in the end!
I will toot my own horn...go me!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I wish I lived in Raleigh so we could do it together. You are lucky to have your office to do it with - it's hard to go to meetings alone. I am seriously considering joining again - you are really motivating me!