Thursday, February 16, 2012

WWW Week Two

And again, yesterday was WWW, Weight Watchers Wednesday, whoo hoo.
Well it’s time to be real, yesterday was not as good as the Wednesday before :(
It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good.

I only lost 1lb.

I was a little disappointed but our WW Coach reminded me that their goal on the program is 1 – 2 lbs a week so I was still on track and at least I didn’t gain anything! True that!

She asked me what I did different between my first week and my second week and there were three prominent things that stood out…

#1. I worked out more this week then the last. Working out = possibly gaining muscle

#2. I am a girl and I have that time of the month which just so happened to be this week. Not sure about you but this always causes me to weigh a little more at the time due to who knows what… it just happens.

#3. I ate the same amount of points both weeks but this week I chose to eat foods with higher point values which means I ate less and ate foods that were not AS GOOD for me as they could have been.  I found myself a lot hungrier this week then last because I was eating more calorie dense foods

So…long story short, it was an OK week. I am still sticking to the program and 100% paying attention to the simple food decisions that need to be made every day. It’s not easy but it is also not rocket science; it just takes effort. I was proud of myself for skipping the bread basket while I was out to dinner on Saturday and so happy that “Charleston” supports me in my efforts and keeps my eating habits in mind when cooking dinner or choosing places for us to eat! Having the support really helps.

There are several things I need to work on this week which include developing a better grasp of when I am actually hungry versus just being thirsty; yes it happens and many times we mistake the dehydrated feeling for hunger. I also need to learn how to eat more often and work on not letting myself get to the starving point where I want to eat everything in sight which can lead me to making poor food decisions.

Let the games begin! I will get to that 2lbs or more next week!

No comments: